Tuesday, July 22, 2008

replacing my macbook

Today I ordered a new Macbook Pro to replace my Macbook I use for web and studio stuff. I didn't need a new computer, in fact I just bought this one.  But in September I am taking a mission trip to The Philippines and one of the things I am doing there is  giving my Macbook away. The people that are missionaries there have a television station and about a month ago they came to Amarillo looking for Citychurch. YES, They came from The Philippines to Amarillo, TX looking for Citychurch. They had seen our show there in The Philippines on the GLC Network and have started to develop their ministry using some of the same methods of feeding and ministering in the villages. It was very humbling to hear how they watched our T.V. show, on feeding, and then went in to the villages, with carts full of rice bowls, to feed children.

When they came a month ago I gave them a dv camera from the studio. When they got back to the Philippines they started to shoot and broadcast their show with the camera. The broadcast rules there are very lax. From what I gathered anyone that can transmit can broadcast. They have a transmitter therefore they broadcast.:)

They have invited us to come in September to help them develop there television studio to be more effective in reaching the people watching. I'm taking the computer and some other equipment  to help them get started. That is what I love about the ministry at Citychurch, nothing is off limits. We can give everything away, including our computers if we have to, so we can reach more people with The Gospel and God is faithful to give it right back.

I will continue to update on the upcoming mission trip to The Philippines.



No comments: